xfce4-appfinder progress to gtk3

Eduard Roccatello
Hi everyone,
i'd like to share my user repo for xfce4-appfinder, which i'm porting to
GTK3

https://github.com/mastershadow/xfce4-appfinder

I still need to fix some glade related issues and to replace gthreads.

Ciao,
Eduard

Re: xfce4-appfinder progress to gtk3

flo.xfce
Hey
I just pulled and built, and it looks good. Those few deprecations
shouldn't be a problem. But if, you can contact me for help.
Concerning glade: I would advise to use GtkBuilder instead. In the
past, Glade was always behind in development. Although the situation
got better it is far from optimal (since Glade is a seperate tool,
GtkBuilder is part of Gtk). But this is just my opinion.

Regards
Flo

Il 21/08/15 20:25, [hidden email] ha scritto:
> Hey
> I just pulled and built, and it looks good. Those few deprecations
> shouldn't be a problem. But if, you can contact me for help.
> Concerning glade: I would advise to use GtkBuilder instead. In the
> past, Glade was always behind in development. Although the situation
> got better it is far from optimal (since Glade is a seperate tool,
> GtkBuilder is part of Gtk). But this is just my opinion.

Yes. I'm aware of GtkBuilder and i'll probably port the glade components
to it :-)

I think we should do the same for libxfce4ui

Ciao,
Eduard

Re: xfce4-appfinder progress to gtk3

adlo
How does the function gtk_menu_item_new_with_mnemonic () work? As far as I can tell, it is used to display a text string, but here it is being passed what looks like a resource ID.

Is this a new feature of GTK3? What is being done here, and is it compatible with GTK2?

Regards

adlo

Il 07/09/15 14:09, adlo ha scritto:
> How does the function gtk_menu_item_new_with_mnemonic () work? As far as I can tell, it is used to display a text string, but here it is being passed what looks like a resource ID.
>
> Is this a new feature of GTK3? What is being done here, and is it compatible with GTK2?

It is used with a text string which could contain a mnemonic.
My code was still missing the icon part and I was using the reference to
the icon to keep track of the progress.

It is fixed in my github repo now :)

Eduard

Re: xfce4-appfinder progress to gtk3

adlo
Thanks; I'm writing a panel plugin based on xfce4-appfinder:

https://github.com/adlocode/xfce4-lightdash-plugin

I would like to implement your changes in my project (though I'll probably keep the ifdefs for GTK2 stuff). What is the best way for me to implement these changes?

Regards

adlo