window placement near panels

Aaron Wilson-4
I use tilda (a quake/doom-like terminal,
http://tilda.sourceforge.net/) as my primary terminal but every time I
bring it down (I assume) xfwm pushes it away from my panel by a few
pixels (see here,  http://www.nmt.edu/~wilson/otherwise/tilda.jpg).

Is there any way to make xfwm leave the window where it wants to be? I
used devilspie for while but it seems like a bit of a kludge.

Thanks,
Aaron

Re: window placement near panels

Erik Harrison
On 5/10/07, Aaron Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I use tilda (a quake/doom-like terminal,
> http://tilda.sourceforge.net/) as my primary terminal but every time I
> bring it down (I assume) xfwm pushes it away from my panel by a few
> pixels (see here,  http://www.nmt.edu/~wilson/otherwise/tilda.jpg).
>
> Is there any way to make xfwm leave the window where it wants to be? I
> used devilspie for while but it seems like a bit of a kludge.

Just installed tilda here via Synaptics (Xubuntu Feisty), and moved my
panel to the top - works for me here.

> Thanks,
> Aaron

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room