lose mouse ,etc when display is off

FHDATA

greetings,

I am using xfce 4.12.0  -- on a desktop (not a laptop)

When I turn off my display monitor and turn it back on
I lose my mouse pointer (effectively renders mouse
useless) and the desktop background ,etc,etc  and
only a restart of X  will turn the situation back
to normal (of course I would lose all my sessions ,etc)

I did this which did *not*  help:

I completely disabled power mgmt:

via 'systemctl stop upower' as well as
un-checking power mgmt in Xcfe's Settings Session and Startup

I would like to be able to turn off my monitor
whenever I like without losing mouse ,etc ...

Is there any way?

thank you,
F-

Re: lose mouse ,etc when display is off

Lars Behrens
Am 11.07.2017 um 00:37 schrieb FHDATA:

> I did this which did *not*  help:
>
> I completely disabled power mgmt:
>
> via 'systemctl stop upower' as well as
> un-checking power mgmt in Xcfe's Settings Session and Startup

As a workaround: Have you tried to switch to a different VT (e,g,
CTRL-ALT-F1) and back (CTRL-ALT-F7 in the most distros) again?

Cheerz,
Lars

--
Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Physikalisches Institut

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: [workaround found] lose mouse ,etc when display is off

FHDATA

On 2017-07-11 01:38 AM, Lars Behrens wrote:
Am 11.07.2017 um 00:37 schrieb FHDATA:

I did this which did *not*  help:

I completely disabled power mgmt:

via 'systemctl stop upower' as well as
un-checking power mgmt in Xcfe's Settings Session and Startup

As a workaround: Have you tried to switch to a different VT (e,g,
CTRL-ALT-F1) and back (CTRL-ALT-F7 in the most distros) again?

Cheerz,
Lars

Thank you.   work around  does provide a  remedy  to avoid  losing files, work   ,etc ...

FYI for XFCE  maintainers:

I tested two live distros of the OS in use in this context, which is
CentOS, w/   gnome & kde and neither  exhibited the issue.

F-

Am 12.07.2017 um 00:50 schrieb fh:

> FYI for XFCE  maintainers:

Please file a bugreport.

Cheerz,
Lars

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: [workaround found] lose mouse ,etc when display is off

Olivier Fourdan-3
Hi

On 12 July 2017 at 00:50, fh <[hidden email]> wrote:

FYI for XFCE  maintainers:

I tested two live distros of the OS in use in this context, which is
CentOS, w/   gnome & kde and neither  exhibited the issue.

xfce doesn't draw the pointer, the Xorg and the driver do.

Cheers,
Olivier