gpointing-device-settings on xubuntu16.04 ?

gpointing-device-settings on xubuntu16.04 ?

Damien Delpiroux
Hello everybody.

I'm looking for something like "gpointing-device-settings", for XFCE 4,
using ubuntu 16.04.
It's not for touchpad, I need the "middle mouse scroll" for many apps.

Thanks all.

Best,

--
Damien.DX

Re: gpointing-device-settings on xubuntu16.04 ?

Damien Delpiroux
Le 02/06/2017 à 19:01, Damien Delpiroux a écrit :
> Hello everybody.
>
> I'm looking for something like "gpointing-device-settings", for XFCE
> 4, using ubuntu 16.04.
> It's not for touchpad, I need the "middle mouse scroll" for many apps.

Maybe I'm not clear?
Is it possible to set middle mouse scroll on xfce?

Best,
--
Damien.DX

Re: gpointing-device-settings on xubuntu16.04 ?

Olivier Fourdan-3
Hi

xfce4-mouse-settings is the closest to what you mention.

Cheers,
Olivier

Le 13/06/2017 à 11:04, Olivier Fourdan a écrit :
> Hi
>
> xfce4-mouse-settings is the closest to what you mention.
Thanks, but no, there is nothing about middle mouse scroll in
xfce4-mouse-settings, unfortunately.
That's why I was trying to use gpointing-device-settings.

On 13 June 2017 at 13:08, Damien Delpiroux <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 13/06/2017 à 11:04, Olivier Fourdan a écrit :
Hi

xfce4-mouse-settings is the closest to what you mention.
Thanks, but no, there is nothing about middle mouse scroll in xfce4-mouse-settings, unfortunately.
That's why I was trying to use gpointing-device-settings.

Why do you need a tool set set middle mouse scrolling?

On a mouse, it works out of the box... What device do you use?

Cheers,
Olivier

Le 13/06/2017 à 13:20, Olivier Fourdan a écrit :

> Why do you need a tool set set middle mouse scrolling?
>
> On a mouse, it works out of the box... What device do you use?
Sorry, "middle CLICK mouse scrolling".
Not the wheel, the "soft scrolling" provided by CLICK on the wheel.
Particularly, this option came make horizontal scroll. I need it for so
many apps.
Since now I've always use "gpointing-device-settings" to do this, but it
is not released for 16.04.

Thanks

Le 17/06/2017 à 08:56, Damien Delpiroux a écrit :

> Le 13/06/2017 à 13:20, Olivier Fourdan a écrit :
>>
>> Why do you need a tool set set middle mouse scrolling?
>>
>> On a mouse, it works out of the box... What device do you use?
> Sorry, "middle CLICK mouse scrolling".
> Not the wheel, the "soft scrolling" provided by CLICK on the wheel.
> Particularly, this option came make horizontal scroll. I need it for
> so many apps.
> Since now I've always use "gpointing-device-settings" to do this, but
> it is not released for 16.04.
>
> Thanks

So I'm still looking for something like "gpointing-device-settings", to
set "middle mouse clik emulation" for scroll.
(with XFCE 4 and ubuntu 16.04).
Like that:
https://i.stack.imgur.com/DDcKY.png

--