[dad@datix.2y.net: Shutdown is too easy]

Mickaël Graf
That's an interesting problem. Could it be done that Reboot/Turn off be deactivated when used remotely?

Cheers
Mickael

----- Forwarded message from "David A. De Graaf" <[hidden email]> -----

The 'exit' popup window offers three choices:
  - Quit current session
  - Reboot the computer
  - Turn off the computer

The convenience of single clicking to shut down the computer is vastly
exceeded by the danger.  I would like to delete or disable this
third option.  Such an irreversible action should take more effort.

In preparation for a trip, I was experimenting with running a VNC
connection from a laptop over an SSH tunnel to my main home computer.
(XFCE works great in this configuration!)  However, I accidentally clicked
"Turn off the computer".  Luckily I was sitting at home and could push
the power button to turn it back on, but the thought of doing this while
away from home is too scary to think about.

Is there a way to remove this dangerous option?

--
        David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC
        [hidden email]     www.datix.us