XFCE4-panel question

phm

XFCE4-panel question

phm
Is it possible to change the icons displayed for a given application in the panel?

I have ICE for site specific browsers, I use it for Facebook and Github and stuff. Sometimes the right icon shows up, other times it doesn't. I was wondering if I could specify the icon somewhere.

Thanks.

Re: XFCE4-panel question

Zenaan Harkness
On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 09:18:44PM -0500, P. H. Madore wrote:
> Is it possible to change the icons displayed for a given application in the
> panel?
>
> I have ICE for site specific browsers, I use it for Facebook and Github and
> stuff. Sometimes the right icon shows up, other times it doesn't. I was
> wondering if I could specify the icon somewhere.

I think it's something to do with .desktop files, but not sure. You
might be able to create custom .desktop files and use those as your
"launcher target" or whatever it's called. Have a look e.g. here:

/usr/share/applications/firefox-esr.desktop
/usr/share/xfce4/helpers/firefox.desktop
/usr/share/applications/iceweasel.desktop
/usr/share/xfce4/helpers/iceweasel.desktop

which are each different..

Good luck :)
Zenaan