Window hints with perl/tk

Jake Richards
Hello:
  New to xfce and was wondering if anyone could point me to a tutorial
or howto on setting window hints (sticky,no borders, ignored in the
window list..etc) in perl/tk.  Also, is there a way to do it in tcl/tk
as well?  Do I need certain versions of perl or tcl or the tk libs?
Thanks

Re: Window hints with perl/tk

Jens Luedicke
On 8/18/05, Snake Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello:
>   New to xfce and was wondering if anyone could point me to a tutorial
> or howto on setting window hints (sticky,no borders, ignored in the
> window list..etc) in perl/tk.  Also, is there a way to do it in tcl/tk
> as well?  Do I need certain versions of perl or tcl or the tk libs?
> Thanks

I looked into the Tk manpages, but I couldn't find anything specific.
I guess Tk is too old-skool to support window hints.

I suggest to look at Gtk2-Perl. it is more modern and the docs suggest
that you can so what you want.

jens

--
Jens Luedicke