Who is feeling responsible for the fsguard-plugin?

Who is feeling responsible for the fsguard-plugin?

Robert Lange
Hi readers,

I want to improve (i.e. already started with it) the fsguard plugin with
two features:
- Display remaining space as text in panel (as option)
- Allow usage of free-space bar graph instead of "colored box"

I found the current source code at svn.xfce.org and started local
modification from there, but I did not found out who is maintaining the
SVN and the plugin itself.

I mailed to the developers named in AUTHORS and Andre Lerche told me he
started the plugin, but currently discontinued work.

Thus, anybody currently maintaining the plugin or can give me a hint who
to ask in this case?

Thanks & (still, very late dough) a Happy New Year,
Robert

Re: Who is feeling responsible for the fsguard-plugin?

Nick Schermer
First: please use the [hidden email] ml, Berlios is not used anymore.

Second, great you want to maintain this plugin, because I think nobody
if atm. If you want svn access please contact [hidden email].

Greets,
Nick

Re: Who is feeling responsible for the fsguard-plugin?

HaroldAling
Robert Lange wrote:
> Hi readers,
>
> I want to improve (i.e. already started with it) the fsguard plugin with
> two features:
> - Display remaining space as text in panel (as option)
> - Allow usage of free-space bar graph instead of "colored box"

If I may be so bold to suggest some things:

* Use only one instance of the fsguard plugin
* Ability to add a virtually unlimited amount of mounts-to-check
* Ability to select which mount should also be presented as 'bar graph'
* Use (xfce4-)notification-daemon for warnings/errors (every <user
defined> minutes)

I have about 7 to 9 mounts to monitor; enough to fill an entire panel of
fsguard plugins... And it would be cool to actually use the notification
daemon once-in-a-while ;)

Cheers!

Harold.

Nick Schermer wrote:
> First: please use the [hidden email] ml, Berlios is not used anymore.
Ah, thanks. I will change to there. Just, on www.xfce.org the berlios ML
is still listed, see
http://www.xfce.org/index.php?page=mailinglists&lang=en

Who to ask to fix this?

Cu,
Robert

Re: Who is feeling responsible for the fsguard-plugin?

Nick Schermer
Me actually, but we will switch to the new website soon (www-test.xfce.org).

Nick

Re: Who is feeling responsible for the fsguard-plugin?

Stefan Ott-2
Hi

Sorry, I'm one of the mentioned authors but was rather busy these last
days. If you feel like maintaining the plugin, just go ahead. I mainly
jumped in to prevent it from getting orphaned and am not particularly
keen on supporting yet another project. If you're not interested, I
would however be willing to keep doing it.

Regards
Stefan

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 08:34:38PM +0100, Robert Lange wrote:

> Hi readers,
>
> I want to improve (i.e. already started with it) the fsguard plugin with
> two features:
> - Display remaining space as text in panel (as option)
> - Allow usage of free-space bar graph instead of "colored box"
>
> I found the current source code at svn.xfce.org and started local
> modification from there, but I did not found out who is maintaining the
> SVN and the plugin itself.
>
> I mailed to the developers named in AUTHORS and Andre Lerche told me he
> started the plugin, but currently discontinued work.
>
> Thus, anybody currently maintaining the plugin or can give me a hint who
> to ask in this case?
>

> Thanks & (still, very late dough) a Happy New Year,
> Robert

Stefan Ott
http://www.ottwerk.net/

"La vie est courte mais on s'ennuie quand même" -- Georges Feydeau

Re: Who is feeling responsible for the fsguard-plugin?

Mike Massonnet-3
On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 08:34:38PM +0100, Robert Lange wrote:
> Hi readers,
>
> I want to improve (i.e. already started with it) the fsguard plugin with
> two features:
> - Display remaining space as text in panel (as option)
> - Allow usage of free-space bar graph instead of "colored box"

I already started this, however I stopped at the "orientation" stuff, I
will need to get a clean head on this.  With options for both.  Actually
I even had like to get rid of the button.  Not really worth to open
Thunar IMHO (oh, and changed the default file manager to exo-open IIRC).

> I found the current source code at svn.xfce.org and started local
> modification from there, but I did not found out who is maintaining the
> SVN and the plugin itself.

See:
http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/goodies-dev/2006-December/000410.html
http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/goodies-dev/2006-December/000413.html

I also have get an answer from the former maintainer.

However, as I am short at time, go ahead and post your patch on the
goodies-dev ml.  BTW this ml (@berlios.de) is outdated.

> I mailed to the developers named in AUTHORS and Andre Lerche told me he
> started the plugin, but currently discontinued work.
>
> Thus, anybody currently maintaining the plugin or can give me a hint who
> to ask in this case?
>

> Thanks & (still, very late dough) a Happy New Year,
> Robert

Cheers!
Mike
--
 http://massonnet.org/ Mike (m8t) Massonnet     __oo
 GnuPG 0--" 0xF8C80F97                      ---(_)_">