Settings for gamma correction

Lampersperger Andreas
Hello,

Does anybody know if there is a way to graphically adjust gamma settings on xfce 4.6?

If not, can anybody recommend a for xfce suitable tool (like kgamma for kde)?

--Andreas

Registergericht: Traunstein / Registry Court: HRB 275 – Sitz / Head Office: Traunreut
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender / Chairman of Supervisory Board: Rainer Burkhard
Geschäftsführung / Management Board: Thomas Sesselmann (Vorsitzender / Chairman),
Michael Grimm, Matthias Fauser

E-Mail Haftungsausschluss / E-Mail Disclaimer: http://www.heidenhain.de/disclaimer

Re: Settings for gamma correction

Derick Centeno-2
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:24:10 +0200
Lampersperger Andreas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anybody know if there is a way to graphically adjust gamma
> settings on xfce 4.6?
>
> If not, can anybody recommend a for xfce suitable tool (like kgamma
> for kde)?
>
> --Andreas

Hi Andreas!

I'm using xfce 4.4.2; I'm hoping that changes are not radically
different between the versions you and I use regarding the application
you are requesting help with.

The process to follow:

From under the xfce menu choose Settings --> Settings Manager
You'll notice several applications within xfce affecting a variety of
settings, the one you are looking for is simply called Display.
The gamma controls are there remember to uncheck the Sync Sliders
option to have more custom control.

All the best...

Derick.

Re: Settings for gamma correction

Mike Massonnet
2010/6/11 Lampersperger Andreas <[hidden email]>:
> Hello,
>
> Does anybody know if there is a way to graphically adjust gamma settings on xfce 4.6?
>
> If not, can anybody recommend a for xfce suitable tool (like kgamma for kde)?

xgamma.

--
Mike

RE: Settings for gamma correction

Lampersperger Andreas
Hello Derick, hello all,

on Xfce 4.6 there are no gamma sliders on xfce4-display-settings.

Is it possible to configure that dialog on compile time to have gamma sliders?

What was the idea of deleting these gamma-sliders from 4.4.2 to 4.6 without
replacement?

--Andreas

> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:24:10 +0200
> Lampersperger Andreas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anybody know if there is a way to graphically adjust gamma
> > settings on xfce 4.6?
> >
> > If not, can anybody recommend a for xfce suitable tool (like kgamma
> > for kde)?
> >
> > --Andreas
> >

> Hi Andreas!
>
> I'm using xfce 4.4.2; I'm hoping that changes are not radically
> different between the versions you and I use regarding the application
> you are requesting help with.
>
> The process to follow:
>
> From under the xfce menu choose Settings --> Settings Manager
> You'll notice several applications within xfce affecting a variety of
> settings, the one you are looking for is simply called Display.
> The gamma controls are there remember to uncheck the Sync Sliders
> option to have more custom control.
>
> All the best...
>
> Derick.

Registergericht: Traunstein / Registry Court: HRB 275 – Sitz / Head Office: Traunreut
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender / Chairman of Supervisory Board: Rainer Burkhard
Geschäftsführung / Management Board: Thomas Sesselmann (Vorsitzender / Chairman),
Michael Grimm, Matthias Fauser

E-Mail Haftungsausschluss / E-Mail Disclaimer: http://www.heidenhain.de/disclaimer

Re: Settings for gamma correction

Nick Schermer
2010/6/14 Lampersperger Andreas <[hidden email]>:
> Hello Derick, hello all,
>
> on Xfce 4.6 there are no gamma sliders on xfce4-display-settings.
>
> Is it possible to configure that dialog on compile time to have gamma sliders?

Nope.

> What was the idea of deleting these gamma-sliders from 4.4.2 to 4.6 without
> replacement?

The gamma setting was not yet implemented in randr when I wrote the
code (it is supported since 1.2, so you can you xrandr --output VGA
--gamma ...) and the old xf86vm was per-screen only. Might return in
the future.

Nick

RE: Settings for gamma correction

Lampersperger Andreas
Hello Nick,

I've created a patch to add gamma-correction-sliders
to xfce4-settings-4.6.5 (see attached screenshot and patch-file).
This gamma correction uses the Xxf86vm library.

I would be glade if you decide to merge this patch to
main. I've noticed on git-web that there is some development
going on with xrandr 1.2. If I should adapt this patch to another version, please let me know.

Andreas

xfce4-display-settings_gamma.patch (38K) Download Attachment
scrshot.png (36K) Download Attachment

Re: Settings for gamma correction

David Mohr-8
On 06/17/2010 01:12 PM, Lampersperger Andreas wrote:
> Hello Nick,
>
> I've created a patch to add gamma-correction-sliders
> to xfce4-settings-4.6.5 (see attached screenshot and patch-file).
> This gamma correction uses the Xxf86vm library.
>
> I would be glade if you decide to merge this patch to
> main. I've noticed on git-web that there is some development
> going on with xrandr 1.2. If I should adapt this patch to another version, please let me know.

It's much better to add patches to bugzilla. They are more likely to get
remembered that way.

~David