Re: XFCE4-panel question > Solution

PC-vor-Ort, Marcus Orthbandt

Hi,

you can edit the icons of XFCE-Panel-Launchers in the userhome directory.
/home/user/.config/xfce4/panel/*

Each launcher has its own directory, there is a automate copy of the desktop-file.
Edit the icon-lines in desktop-files....

These changes are only for the spezific user!

Marcus

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 21:18:44 -0500
From: "P. H. Madore" [hidden email]
To: Xfce general discussion list [hidden email]
Subject: XFCE4-panel question

Is it possible to change the icons displayed for a given application in the
panel?

I have ICE for site specific browsers, I use it for Facebook and Github and
stuff. Sometimes the right icon shows up, other times it doesn't. I was
wondering if I could specify the icon somewhere.

Thanks.

*phm* <http://phmadore.com>

Re: XFCE4-panel question > Solution

Ralf Mardorf
On Mon, 1 May 2017 13:50:20 +0200, PC-vor-Ort, Marcus Orthbandt wrote:
>you can edit the icons of XFCE-Panel-Launchers in the userhome
>directory. /home/user/.config/xfce4/panel/*

Are you sure the OP is talking about editing launcher icons and not
about the icons shown in the taskbar and/or systray?

--
"Access to all language versions of Wikipedia was blocked in Turkey on
29 April 2017." -
phm

Re: XFCE4-panel question > Solution

phm
Correct I mean the ones shown when program is running specifically in Windows panel.

On Mon, 1 May 2017 08:27:49 -0500, P. H. Madore wrote:

>On May 1, 2017 8:22 AM, "Ralf Mardorf" wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 May 2017 13:50:20 +0200, Marcus Orthbandt wrote:
>>>you can edit the icons of XFCE-Panel-Launchers in the userhome
>>>directory. /home/user/.config/xfce4/panel/*
>>
>>Are you sure the OP is talking about editing launcher icons and not
>>about the icons shown in the taskbar and/or systray?
>>
>Correct I mean the ones shown when program is running specifically in
>Windows panel.

Please don't post above the quotes, always reply below the quotes!

Do I understand correctly, that you want to see the icons selected by
Ice in the panel's task bar?

IOW instead of the browser's icon (Firefox, Chrome etc.) you want to
see an individual, site specific icon/site favicon in the taskbar.

I'm neither using Ice, nor xfce4-panel, so I can't help you with
solving the issue, but maybe I can help to make clear what exactly you
want to archive ;).

phm

On May 1, 2017 8:51 AM, "Ralf Mardorf" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, 1 May 2017 08:27:49 -0500, P. H. Madore wrote:
>On May 1, 2017 8:22 AM, "Ralf Mardorf" wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 May 2017 13:50:20 +0200, Marcus Orthbandt wrote:
>>>you can edit the icons of XFCE-Panel-Launchers in the userhome
>>>directory. /home/user/.config/xfce4/panel/*
>>
>>Are you sure the OP is talking about editing launcher icons and not
>>about the icons shown in the taskbar and/or systray?
>>
>Correct I mean the ones shown when program is running specifically in
>Windows panel.

Please don't post above the quotes, always reply below the quotes!

Do I understand correctly, that you want to see the icons selected by
Ice in the panel's task bar?

IOW instead of the browser's icon (Firefox, Chrome etc.) you want to
see an individual, site specific icon/site favicon in the taskbar.

I'm neither using Ice, nor xfce4-panel, so I can't help you with
solving the issue, but maybe I can help to make clear what exactly you
want to archive ;).

--
"Access to all language versions of Wikipedia was blocked in Turkey on
29 April 2017." -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_censorship_of_Wikipedia#Turkey

Yes, this is what I mesn. Thanks.