Problem with setting some _NET_WM_STATE properties in XFCE

Problem with setting some _NET_WM_STATE properties in XFCE

John Found
Recently, writing some XLib GUI programs, I tried to set _NET_WM_STATE property of my windows to _NET_WM_STATE_ABOVE and _NET_WM_STATE_MODAL. But these values can not be set at all, using XChangeProperty function.

Using xprop utility the values can be set, but they have no effect at all.

Another property value _NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_TASKBAR can be set and works, but only until the first minimization of the window. Then this value is cleared from the property and the window reappear in the task bar.

I tested the code with KWin window manager (on top of XFCE) and everything works as described in the specifications.

So, is this behavior a feature or a bug?

--
http://fresh.flatassembler.net
http://asm32.info

Re: Problem with setting some _NET_WM_STATE properties in XFCE

John Found
Alter some experiments, I observed, that actually sometimes (on random intervals) the values are set properly. are set properly and in these cases the behaviour of the windows is exactly as expected.

Unfortunately I didn't managed to find any dependency about when the values are set properly and when not.