Problem with current xfc -dev debian packages

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Problem with current xfc -dev debian packages

Sylvain Vedrenne
Hi Bo,

I'm observing the following using the development debian packages
available here:  http://lue.dk/debian/

$ pkg-config --cflags xfcui-4.3
-pthread -I/usr/include/xfce4/xfc-4.3 -I/usr/lib/xfce4/xfc-4.3/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/xfce4 -I/usr/lib/xfce4/xfc/include -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include ...etc.

but when I try to compile my app, I get an error saying the following files are not found:
  xfc/gtk/table.hh
  xfc/gtk/statusbar.hh
  ...
  etc.
And indeed they are not present anywhere on my local filesystem.

In fact, these directories indicated by pkg-config don't exist:
  /usr/include/xfce4/xfc-4.3
  /usr/lib/xfce4/xfc-4.3/include
  /usr/lib/xfce4/xfc/include

So there seems to be a problem with the current xfc dev packages:
  libxfccore-dev
  libxfcglade-dev
  libxfcsourceview-dev
  libxfcui-dev
or did I miss something here ?

Cheers,
--
GNU/Sylvain
http://sylvano.esperanto.free.fr
http://xfce.wikia.com/wiki/Eo

_______________________________________________
Xfc-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfc-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Problem with current xfc -dev debian packages

Bo Lorentsen
Sylvain Vedrenne wrote:

> but when I try to compile my app, I get an error saying the following files are not found:
>   xfc/gtk/table.hh
>   xfc/gtk/statusbar.hh
>   ...
>   etc.
> And indeed they are not present anywhere on my local filesystem.
Hmm, strange ... I have this in the xfcui package :

dpkg -c libxfcui-dev_4.3.2_i386.deb  | grep table.hh
./usr/include/xfce4/xfc/atk/table.hh
./usr/include/xfce4/xfc/gtk/celleditable.hh
./usr/include/xfce4/xfc/gtk/editable.hh
./usr/include/xfce4/xfc/gtk/table.hh
./usr/include/xfce4/xfc/gtk/treesortable.hh

> In fact, these directories indicated by pkg-config don't exist:
>   /usr/include/xfce4/xfc-4.3
>   /usr/lib/xfce4/xfc-4.3/include
>   /usr/lib/xfce4/xfc/include
Hmm, that is really the xfcui.pc file that is wrong, think I need a bit
more automake dancing :-) ...

I will try to fix it this evening and let you know then new packages are
uploaded.

> So there seems to be a problem with the current xfc dev packages:
>   libxfccore-dev
>   libxfcglade-dev
>   libxfcsourceview-dev
>   libxfcui-dev
> or did I miss something here ?
No, this looks just right !

Again, thanks for your time, hope we will end up with some nice mature
debian packages, and a more up to date XFC (GTK+ 2.10 printing and Xfce4
support).

/BL
_______________________________________________
Xfc-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfc-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Problem with current xfc -dev debian packages

Bo Lorentsen
In reply to this post by Sylvain Vedrenne
Sylvain Vedrenne wrote:

> I'm observing the following using the development debian packages
> available here:  http://lue.dk/debian/
Ok, the repos is updated please update/upgrade, and let me know how this
works out for you.

/BL
_______________________________________________
Xfc-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfc-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Problem with current xfc -dev debian packages

Sylvain Vedrenne
Bo Lorentsen wrote:
> Sylvain Vedrenne wrote:
>
>> I'm observing the following using the development debian packages
>> available here:  http://lue.dk/debian/
> Ok, the repos is updated please update/upgrade, and let me know how this
> works out for you.
>
> /BL

Bo,

It doesn't work :o( ... but we're almost there! ;-)

The directive that fails is for instance:
#include <xfc/gtk/table.hh>

which is correct according to the documentation:
http://xfc.xfce.org/docs/reference/html/classXfc_1_1Gtk_1_1Table.html

Replacing "-I/usr/include/xfce4/xfc" by "-I/usr/include/xfce4/" in the
compilation line makes it work.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
--
GNU/Sylvain
http://sylvano.esperanto.free.fr
http://xfce.wikia.com/wiki/Eo
_______________________________________________
Xfc-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfc-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Problem with current xfc -dev debian packages

Bo Lorentsen
Sylvain Vedrenne wrote:

> It doesn't work :o( ... but we're almost there! ;-)
I found the reason why it keeps working here but not for you. I tested
it on a project i have locally that uses xfcglade too, and that worked
as xfcglade, did the right thing.

New debian package set released (4.3.2-2), on day this may work for you
too :-)

> Replacing "-I/usr/include/xfce4/xfc" by "-I/usr/include/xfce4/" in the
> compilation line makes it work.
Yeps, I just need to make the make system produce this exactly, so this
will work as expected.

/BL
_______________________________________________
Xfc-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfc-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Problem with current xfc -dev debian packages

Sylvain Vedrenne
Bo Lorentsen wrote:

> Sylvain Vedrenne wrote:
>
>> It doesn't work :o( ... but we're almost there! ;-)
> I found the reason why it keeps working here but not for you. I tested
> it on a project i have locally that uses xfcglade too, and that worked
> as xfcglade, did the right thing.
>
> New debian package set released (4.3.2-2), on day this may work for you
> too :-)
>
>> Replacing "-I/usr/include/xfce4/xfc" by "-I/usr/include/xfce4/" in the
>> compilation line makes it work.
> Yeps, I just need to make the make system produce this exactly, so this
> will work as expected.
>
> /BL

Hi Bo,

Now it's working fine. Thank you!

Please let me know when the packages are in sid or testing.

Sylvain.
--
GNU/Sylvain
http://sylvano.esperanto.free.fr
http://xfce.wikia.com/wiki/Eo
_______________________________________________
Xfc-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfc-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Problem with current xfc -dev debian packages

Bo Lorentsen
Sylvain Vedrenne wrote:

> Now it's working fine. Thank you!
Nice

> Please let me know when the packages are in sid or testing.
Hmm, I think I have to be an official debian maintainer, and this I am
not sure will happened anytime sure ... but who knows :-)

But as for now I will try to keep my debian repos updated, as I like to
use them myself too.

Thanks for your input !

/BL
_______________________________________________
Xfc-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfc-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Problem with current xfc -dev debian packages

Sriram Durbha
Hi Bo,
im a user and parttime dev of vectorlinux.  i will try to make packages for VL.
i had attempted in the past, but not much success.

but if the packages you have already work, i wont need to make them again:)
so did you use any scripts? can you share the versions of compliers and the compile flags etc..
what are the dependencies?

thank you very much
cheers
ram


On 4/18/07, Bo Lorentsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sylvain Vedrenne wrote:

> Now it's working fine. Thank you!
Nice

> Please let me know when the packages are in sid or testing.
Hmm, I think I have to be an official debian maintainer, and this I am
not sure will happened anytime sure ... but who knows :-)

But as for now I will try to keep my debian repos updated, as I like to
use them myself too.

Thanks for your input !

/BL
_______________________________________________
Xfc-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfc-dev


_______________________________________________
Xfc-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfc-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Problem with current xfc -dev debian packages

Bo Lorentsen
Sriram Durbha wrote:

> im a user and parttime dev of vectorlinux.  i will try to make packages for
> VL. i had attempted in the past, but not much success.
I hope this workes out better now.

> but if the packages you have already work, i wont need to make them again:)
Nope if VectorLinux is deb based, it should be strait forward.

> so did you use any scripts? can you share the versions of
> compliers and the compile flags etc..
> what are the dependencies?
I don't quite follow you on this one, the debian packages has some
dependencies as expected, and the architecture are related to the
platform you building upon.

Hope this helps ...

/BL
_______________________________________________
Xfc-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfc-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Problem with current xfc -dev debian packages

Sriram Durbha
Hi Bo,

VectorLinux is based on slackware .

did you use any scripts to make the packages? like checkinstall

i will try to convert the deb packages to tgz packages and see if it works as it is. [ for some packages it does] 
but to build native slack packages [ or VL packages ] it is better to start from source.

thanks
cheers
ram


On 4/18/07, Bo Lorentsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sriram Durbha wrote:

> im a user and parttime dev of vectorlinux.  i will try to make packages for
> VL. i had attempted in the past, but not much success.
I hope this workes out better now.

> but if the packages you have already work, i wont need to make them again:)
Nope if VectorLinux is deb based, it should be strait forward.

> so did you use any scripts? can you share the versions of
> compliers and the compile flags etc..
> what are the dependencies?
I don't quite follow you on this one, the debian packages has some
dependencies as expected, and the architecture are related to the
platform you building upon.

Hope this helps ...

/BL
_______________________________________________
Xfc-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfc-dev


_______________________________________________
Xfc-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfc-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

.tgz packages ? (was: Re: Problem with current xfc -dev debian packages)

Sylvain Vedrenne
Sriram Durbha wrote:

> Hi Bo,
>
> VectorLinux is based on slackware .
>
> did you use any scripts to make the packages? like checkinstall
>
> i will try to convert the deb packages to tgz packages and see if it
> works as it is. [ for some packages it does]
> but to build native slack packages [ or VL packages ] it is better to
> start from source.
>
> thanks
> cheers
> ram

Hi Sriram,

The tool 'alien' might do this for you?
I've never used it myself, though. According to its man page, to convert
an 'alien' (non-rpm) package to a .tgz:

% alien --to-tgz [options] file [...]

Cheers,
Sylvain.
--
GNU/Sylvain
http://sylvano.esperanto.free.fr
http://xfce.wikia.com/wiki/Eo
_______________________________________________
Xfc-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfc-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Problem with current xfc -dev debian packages

Bo Lorentsen
In reply to this post by Sriram Durbha
Sriram Durbha wrote:

> VectorLinux is based on slackware .
Sorry about my ignorance, but now I know :-)

> did you use any scripts to make the packages? like checkinstall
Hmm, I quess automake/conf is all you need, I use automake1.9 here, and
of cause GTK2+ 2.8 dev files and above.

> i will try to convert the deb packages to tgz packages and see if it works
> as it is. [ for some packages it does]
Like the debian "alien" converter ... at the moment there is noting
fancy, and the make scripts are relatively simple (I can read them :-)).

> but to build native slack packages [ or VL packages ] it is better to start
> from source.
Ok, I wish you good luck ...

/BL
_______________________________________________
Xfc-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfc-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: .tgz packages ?

Bo Lorentsen
In reply to this post by Sylvain Vedrenne
Sylvain Vedrenne wrote:
>
> The tool 'alien' might do this for you?
> I've never used it myself, though. According to its man page, to convert
> an 'alien' (non-rpm) package to a .tgz:
>
> % alien --to-tgz [options] file [...]
Ahh cool, i did'nt know that either :-)

/BL
_______________________________________________
Xfc-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfc-dev
Loading...