Porting a GNOME extension to Xfce

Per

Porting a GNOME extension to Xfce

Per
I need to write a panel-plugin to Xfce. I am not an Xfce user so have no clue where to start.

Where can I find some resources, documentation and example code to get started?

I could use the source at http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/start#xfce4-taskbar-plugin, but much prefer to peruse over some documentation...

Thanks!

Re: Porting a GNOME extension to Xfce

André Miranda-2
The official documentation is at https://wiki.xfce.org/dev/howto/panel_plugins but it's somewhat outdated. For examples, you can take a look at the default plugins here: http://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/tree/plugins

Bear in mind that currently the project is moving from gtk2 to gtk3 and xfce4-panel >=4.11 supports both versions. However if you need to support Xfce 4.10, then a gtk2-based plugin is a must. But remember that eventually gtk2 plugins might be deprecated and eventually the support should be dropped, but I don't guess this happening anytime soon.

Cheers,
André Miranda