Num Lock

c. marlow
Hi,

I am needing to know in Xubuntu 16.04 how to set the numlock to be on
when Xubuntu 16.04 boots up and when coming back to the computer and
unlocking it, the numlock key in my case needs to be on since my
password is a numeric password.

--
Thanks, and take care :).
   Sincerely,

EMAIL: [hidden email]

Re: Num Lock

flocculant

On 04/05/17 22:02, c. marlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am needing to know in Xubuntu 16.04 how to set the numlock to be on
> when Xubuntu 16.04 boots up and when coming back to the computer and
> unlocking it, the numlock key in my case needs to be on since my
> password is a numeric password.

I install numlockx then create a file in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/

90-numlock.conf (that number because originally in /usr somewhere - I
think it's not that important unless you have other xx-foo.conf files in
there)

Contents are

[Seat:*]
greeter-setup-script=/usr/bin/numlockx on

Anyway - this works for me

Kev

Re: Num Lock

Zaphod
From the Arch Wiki:

In the file ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/keyboards.xml,
make sure the following values are set to true:

<property name="Numlock" type="bool" value="true"/>
<property name="RestoreNumlock" type="bool" value="true"/>

On 05/04/2017 02:02 PM, c. marlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am needing to know in Xubuntu 16.04 how to set the numlock to be on
> when Xubuntu 16.04 boots up and when coming back to the computer and
> unlocking it, the numlock key in my case needs to be on since my
> password is a numeric password.

--
we meme together, we dream together

0x638FEC71.asc (16K) Download Attachment

Re: Num Lock

c. marlow

On 05/04/2017 04:32 PM, Zaphod wrote:
> From the Arch Wiki:
>

> In the file ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/keyboards.xml,
> make sure the following values are set to true:
>
> <property name="Numlock" type="bool" value="true"/>
> <property name="RestoreNumlock" type="bool" value="true"/>

Do I need to use SUDO to open the file or can I just edit it normally?

--
Thanks, and take care :).
   Sincerely,
  Christopher M.

EMAIL: [hidden email]

Re: Num Lock

c. marlow

On 05/04/2017 04:32 PM, Zaphod wrote:
> From the Arch Wiki:
>

> In the file ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/keyboards.xml,
> make sure the following values are set to true:
>
> <property name="Numlock" type="bool" value="true"/>
> <property name="RestoreNumlock" type="bool" value="true"/>

Interesting I had to add the line "RestoreNumlock" to the file. I only
had the 1st line inside this file.

http://imgur.com/a/v3Ng7

--
Thanks, and take care :).
   Sincerely,

EMAIL: [hidden email]

Re: Num Lock

c. marlow

On 05/04/2017 04:47 PM, c. marlow wrote:
> Do I need to use SUDO to open the file or can I just edit it normally?

Never mind on that question, stupid question.. I used Sudo Mousepad to
edit the file. Sorry had a blonde moment, and i'm not even blonde.

--
Thanks, and take care :).
   Sincerely,

EMAIL: [hidden email]

Re: Num Lock

Zaphod
You shouldn't have to use sudo to open that file. It should be in your
home directory, so it should be owned by your user account, not by root.

On 05/04/2017 02:53 PM, c. marlow wrote:

> On 05/04/2017 04:47 PM, c. marlow wrote:
>> Do I need to use SUDO to open the file or can I just edit it normally?
>

> Never mind on that question, stupid question.. I used Sudo Mousepad to
> edit the file. Sorry had a blonde moment, and i'm not even blonde.

--
we meme together, we dream together

0x638FEC71.asc (16K) Download Attachment

Re: Num Lock

c. marlow
No Dice.... I rebooted numlock was off at bootup.... :(

I installed Numlock and did the script sent by flocculant

--
Thanks, and take care :).
   Sincerely,

EMAIL: [hidden email]

Re: Num Lock

c. marlow

On 05/04/2017 04:26 PM, flocculant wrote:

> On 04/05/17 22:02, c. marlow wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am needing to know in Xubuntu 16.04 how to set the numlock to be on
>> when Xubuntu 16.04 boots up and when coming back to the computer and
>> unlocking it, the numlock key in my case needs to be on since my
>> password is a numeric password.
>>
> I install numlockx then create a file in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/
>
> 90-numlock.conf (that number because originally in /usr somewhere - I
> think it's not that important unless you have other xx-foo.conf files in
> there)
>
> Contents are
>
> [Seat:*]
> greeter-setup-script=/usr/bin/numlockx on
>
> Anyway - this works for me
>
> Kev

Thank you I have done both suggestions!
--
Thanks, and take care :).
   Sincerely,

EMAIL: [hidden email]

Re: Num Lock

c. marlow
So, I have been doing a little research on google and this worked for me:

http://code23.info/enable-numlock-at-boot-time-with-lightdm-xubuntu-16-04/

Just thought I would report back that I have solved my problem.

Re: Num Lock

c. marlow
On 05/05/2017 09:12 PM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> On Fri, May 05, 2017 at 02:37:20PM -0500, c. marlow wrote:
>> So, I have been doing a little research on google and this worked for me:
>>
>> http://code23.info/enable-numlock-at-boot-time-with-lightdm-xubuntu-16-04/
>>
>> Just thought I would report back that I have solved my problem.
>
> :)
>
> Report backs are always appreciated.
>
> Thanks heaps - I may need this in the future myself :)
>
> Regards,
> Zenaan

You're very welcome :)

--