New to Community

Keyur Patel

Hello,

I am Keyur from India. I am new to to xfce. I would like to contribute to xfce codebase.

How to get started ? Help please.

Re: New to Community

flo.xfce
Hi Keyur,
One possible point to start is bugzilla.xfce.org. Just take one and work on a fix.
The other point would be to take a look at http://wiki.xfce.org/#for_developers. Currently the port to Gtk3 is in progress. Depending on your skill level it might be better to start with a goodie rather than with a core component, since these are usually smaller and easier to port.
Please take a look at the mailing list which components are already worked on. I know of Thunar, exo, xfce4-appfinder and xfce4-notifyd. These have separate repositories and the commits are NOT in git.xfce.org.
A good start would also be to take a look at already existing source code to get accustomed to Xfce's coding styles and conventions.
Last but not least: Don't be discouraged if your patches are not reviewed or applied. Every patch is welcomed but it can take a while until a core developer finds the time to look at it.
Regards
Flo

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Re: New to Community

adlo
> On 28 Aug 2015, at 07:20, Florian Weigelt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thunar, exo, xfce4-appfinder and xfce4-notifyd. These have separate repositories and the commits are NOT in git.xfce.org.

Where are the commits stored instead?

Re: New to Community

flo.xfce
In their repositories of course, mostly on Github. Just crawl through
the mailing list to find them.