Quantcast

NVidia data

houghi
Sensors works nicely here with me, but it does not show the NVidia data.
This is logical, because it is not included in sensors, but rather with
e.g.  `nvidia-sensors -q all` or with `nvidia-smi -q -x`.

Does anybody know of a way to get this on my panel?

houghi

Aw: NVidia data

Fabian Nowak
Sensors plugin does indeed have support for nvidia temperatures due to a nice person submitting a patch a while ago.

Recompile the plugin after having installed xnvctrl. If you have a package from your distribution installed, however, you can ask the package maintainers on their reasons to not include the xnvctrl and then will most likely have to download the source and compile on your own, anyway. Oh, and it might be due to having a rather old version of the plugin installed.

goodies.xfce.org for instance provides the sources for the panel plugins.

> Sensors works nicely here with me, but it does not show the NVidia data.
> This is logical, because it is not included in sensors, but rather with
> e.g.  `nvidia-sensors -q all` or with `nvidia-smi -q -x`.
>
> Does anybody know of a way to get this on my panel?

Re: NVidia data

Guido Berhoerster-6
On 10.06.2012 14:19, houghi wrote:
> Sensors works nicely here with me, but it does not show the NVidia data.
> This is logical, because it is not included in sensors, but rather with
> e.g.  `nvidia-sensors -q all` or with `nvidia-smi -q -x`.
>
> Does anybody know of a way to get this on my panel?

In case you're still using openSUSE, nvidia-settings is provided by
Packman so we cannot build xfce4-sensors against libXNVCtrl in Factory,
if you can convince the nvidia-settings maintainer to migrate his
package to Factory I can enable nvidia sensor support in the
xfce4-sensors package.
--
Guido Berhoerster

Re: NVidia data

houghi
On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 04:03:13PM +0200, Guido Berhoerster wrote:

> On 10.06.2012 14:19, houghi wrote:
> >Sensors works nicely here with me, but it does not show the NVidia data.
> >This is logical, because it is not included in sensors, but rather with
> >e.g.  `nvidia-sensors -q all` or with `nvidia-smi -q -x`.
> >
> >Does anybody know of a way to get this on my panel?
>
> In case you're still using openSUSE, nvidia-settings is provided by
> Packman so we cannot build xfce4-sensors against libXNVCtrl in
> Factory, if you can convince the nvidia-settings maintainer to
> migrate his package to Factory I can enable nvidia sensor support in
> the xfce4-sensors package.

(Sending to the correct one now. Sorry.)
I have send an email asking to move it to Factory. However the people of
Packman are sometimes pretty set in their ways when it comes to moving
things to Factory.

Unfortunatly I am a lousy packager (and a worse programmer) otherwise I
would try to place it myself on OBS.

houghi
--
        Personally, I think most sports fans are a little "gay". They'd
        rather watch a bunch of sweaty guys jumping all over eachother,

Re: NVidia data

houghi
On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 03:25:25PM +0200, [hidden email] wrote:
> Sensors plugin does indeed have support for nvidia temperatures due to a
> nice person submitting a patch a while ago.
>
> Recompile the plugin after having installed xnvctrl.
<snip>

Will try to do that. Thanks for the feedback.

houghi
--
This is written under the inluence of the following:
>   Artist : Laïs
>     Song : Le renard et la belette
>    Album : Dorothea

Re: NVidia data

sergiocmailbox-xfce

> This is logical, because it is not included in sensors, but
> rather with
> e.g.  `nvidia-sensors -q all` or with `nvidia-smi -q
> -x`.
>
> Does anybody know of a way to get this on my panel?
>
> houghi
> --

You can use the genmon plugin.

Re: NVidia data

houghi
On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 12:26:46PM -0700, Sergio wrote:
> > Does anybody know of a way to get this on my panel?
> >
> > houghi
> > --
>
> You can use the genmon plugin.

Perfect. Never knew that one.
I have the taskbar as Deskbar with a width of 27 pixels.
I have two cards, so I can put them next to each other.
I made a small script where it points to with the following content:
#!/bin/bash
for I in `nvidia-smi -q -d TEMPERATURE | grep Gpu | cut -c35-37`
do
        printf "${I}C "
done

This could probably be done much nicer, but it works.

houghi