GUI cd/dvd authoring

FHDATA

greetings,

xfce 4.12.0  on centos 7.3

I need recommendation  for a  GUI cd/dvd authoring software
that I can run on centos 7.3, preferably
from a trusted repository.

I can hand-compile but my attempt to do that for example for
k3b or brasero did not go anywhere due to way too many
missing components (some not even available for centos)

any suggestions?

F-

Re: GUI cd/dvd authoring

Charles A Edwards-2
On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 14:10:00 -0600 (MDT)
FHDATA wrote:

> xfce 4.12.0  on centos 7.3
>

> I need recommendation  for a  GUI cd/dvd authoring software
> that I can run on centos 7.3, preferably
> from a trusted repository.

I sure centos offers several apps that might fit your needs, you might
wish to check on a centos users list.

If none of those are to your liking you could try nerolinux.
http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads/previous-versions/download-linux4-update.php

It comes in 32 and 64 bit, in both rpm and deb format.
It's an older release but I still use it and have been doing so for
years.

    Charles

--
<Electro> my computer was once one of the building blocks of a great
          pyramid

Re: GUI cd/dvd authoring

Robby Workman
FHDATA <[hidden email]> wrote:

> greetings,
>
> xfce 4.12.0  on centos 7.3
>

> I need recommendation  for a  GUI cd/dvd authoring software
> that I can run on centos 7.3, preferably
> from a trusted repository.
>

> I can hand-compile but my attempt to do that for example for
> k3b or brasero did not go anywhere due to way too many
> missing components (some not even available for centos)
>

> any suggestions?

Not exactly an on-topic xfce question, but I guess it becomes
one when I suggest xfburn, which requires libburn and maybe
something or another else. Very minimal in terms of deps.

-RW

Re: GUI cd/dvd authoring

Chris Green-2
FHDATA <[hidden email]> wrote:

> greetings,
>
> xfce 4.12.0  on centos 7.3
>

> I need recommendation  for a  GUI cd/dvd authoring software
> that I can run on centos 7.3, preferably
> from a trusted repository.
>

> I can hand-compile but my attempt to do that for example for
> k3b or brasero did not go anywhere due to way too many
> missing components (some not even available for centos)

I always end up back with k3b after trying others, it's a nuisance
that it pulls in loads of KDE dependencies (I run xubuntu) but it's
just so much better than the alternatives.

--
Chris Green
ยท