Filter field in Thunar?

Dexter Filmore
Hi all,

one feature I miss after switchign from KDE is a filter field in Thunar that
show only objects containing the typed string.
Is that possible?

Dex

Re: Filter field in Thunar?

fliehen
On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 22:07:53 +0200
Dexter Filmore <[hidden email]> wrote:

> one feature I miss after switchign from KDE is a filter field in Thunar that
> show only objects containing the typed string.
> Is that possible?

Have you tried Ctrl+s? It lets you do simple matching, but only selects matching items.

There might be some programs out there that can filter the way you want, and you could create a custom action for it or bind it to a key. For example, since Thunar has no search function, Fedora Xfce ships with Catfish by default (available in most distros).

Hope this helps,

--
fliehen <[hidden email]>