Compile xfce4-timer-plugin

Dani
Hello:

I installed
Debian RC3 Strech

I try to compile the xfce4-timer-plugin
for it
downloaded git
$ git clone https://github.com/xfce-mirror/xfce4-timer-plugin.git
$ cd xfce4-timer-plugin

$ sudo apt-get build-dep xfce4-timer-plugin
$ ./autogen.sh prefix = / usr

and then

$ make

The first warning was
warning: implicit declaration of function 'g_sprintf'

I solved adding below #include <gtk/gtk.h>:
#include <glib/gprintf.h>

I ran again make

Compiled but give this note:

xfce-panel-macros-46.h:431:48: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘gtk_widget_get_realized’ from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

I'm doing something wrong?

As
appears from what I saw more than usual not know how to fix it.

http://bit.ly/2q3nZTB

Any ideas
?

Thanks

--
Dani

Re: Compile xfce4-timer-plugin

Matthew Brush
On 2017-05-10 10:35 AM, Dani wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I installed Debian RC3 Strech
>
> I try to compile the xfce4-timer-plugin
> for it
> downloaded git
> $ git clone https://github.com/xfce-mirror/xfce4-timer-plugin.git
> $ cd xfce4-timer-plugin
>
> $ sudo apt-get build-dep xfce4-timer-plugin
> $ ./autogen.sh prefix = / usr
>
> and then
> $ make
>
> The first warning was
> warning: implicit declaration of function 'g_sprintf'
>
> I solved adding below #include <gtk/gtk.h>:
> #include <glib/gprintf.h>
>

> I ran again make
>

> Compiled but give this note:
>
> xfce-panel-macros-46.h:431:48: warning: passing argument 1 of
> ‘gtk_widget_get_realized’ from incompatible pointer type
> [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
>
> I'm doing something wrong?
>
> As appears from what I saw more than usual not know how to fix it.
> http://bit.ly/2q3nZTB
>
> Any ideas?

It looks to be missing a cast from GtkPlug to GtkWidget, try casting
with GTK_WIDGET(plug). Are you sure you're using the latest xfce4-panel
from Git though? It might already be fixed, or the underlying macro
might be deprecated.

Regards,
Matthew Brush

Re: Compile xfce4-timer-plugin

Dani
Hello:

The xfce4-panel is of (xubuntu 16.04) repositories: 4.12.0

Can you help me install version of git (Shell commands)?
(I suppose I will have to install xfce4-panel-dev)

Very thanks.

Dani

Re: Compile xfce4-timer-plugin

Simon Steinbeiss
Hi,

everything you need for the various development components is listed in this Dockerfile:

You can also use that container as a test/devel environment.

Cheers
Simon