Quantcast

Background images of XCFE with Fedora

Danishka Navin
Hi,

I just want to replace background images for my Fedora remix.
I just added image and rebuild the desktop-backgrounds-basic.

Seems not working.

I do need to do any thing else.

Specially I want to replace the default background images on Fedora/XFCE.

Thanks
--
Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com

Re: Background images of XCFE with Fedora

Christoph Wickert-2
Am Sonntag, den 16.08.2009, 17:05 +0530 schrieb Danishka Navin:

> Hi,
>
> I just want to replace background images for my Fedora remix.
> I just added image and rebuild the desktop-backgrounds-basic.
>
> Seems not working.
>
> I do need to do any thing else.
>
> Specially I want to replace the default background images on
> Fedora/XFCE.

Hi Danishka,

as this question is Fedora specific, I suggest you ask it on one of
Fedora's mailing lists such as fedora-devel or fedora-spins.

To change the background, you not only need to add an image but also
make the symbolic link(s) /usr/share/backgrounds/default.{png,jpg} point
to the new image.

If you have problems, don't hesitate to contact me.

> Thanks

Regards,
Christoph