ANNOUNCE: xfconf 4.13.7 released

Sean Davis-6
xfconf 4.13.7 is now available for download from

  https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfconf/4.13/xfconf-4.13.7.tar.bz2
  https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfconf/4.13/xfconf-4.13.7.tar.bz2.md5
  https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfconf/4.13/xfconf-4.13.7.tar.bz2.sha1
  https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfconf/4.13/xfconf-4.13.7.tar.bz2.sha256

What is xfconf?
===============

Xfconf is a flexible, easy-to-use configuration management system.

Website:
  http://www.xfce.org/

Release notes for 4.13.7
========================
[Please note that this is a development release.]

- Bump glib version
- Bug #15122: xfconf: disable gsettings backend by default
- Fix compiler error -Wcast-function-type (GCC 8)
- Fix this use of "defined" may not be portable
- Update .gitignore
- Fix warnings reported by GCC 8 (Bug #15112)
- Added gdbus binding to gitignore, add post release git tag
- Translation updates: Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech,
Danish, English (Australia), Icelandic, Italian, Lithuanian, Portuguese
(Brazilian), Romanian, Slovak, Swedish

Re: ANNOUNCE: xfconf 4.13.7 released

Olivier Duchateau
On Sat, 18 May 2019 12:57:52 +0200
Sean Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> xfconf 4.13.7 is now available for download from
>
>   https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfconf/4.13/xfconf-4.13.7.tar.bz2
>   https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfconf/4.13/xfconf-4.13.7.tar.bz2.md5
>   https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfconf/4.13/xfconf-4.13.7.tar.bz2.sha1
>   https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfconf/4.13/xfconf-4.13.7.tar.bz2.sha256
>

> What is xfconf?
> ===============
>
> Xfconf is a flexible, easy-to-use configuration management system.
>
> Website:
>   http://www.xfce.org/
>

> Release notes for 4.13.7
> ========================
> [Please note that this is a development release.]
>
> - Bump glib version
> - Bug #15122: xfconf: disable gsettings backend by default
> - Fix compiler error -Wcast-function-type (GCC 8)
> - Fix this use of "defined" may not be portable
> - Update .gitignore
> - Fix warnings reported by GCC 8 (Bug #15112)
> - Added gdbus binding to gitignore, add post release git tag
> - Translation updates: Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech,
> Danish, English (Australia), Icelandic, Italian, Lithuanian, Portuguese
> (Brazilian), Romanian, Slovak, Swedish

Why, nobody has reviewed support of GObject Introspection (bug #15135)?

--
olivier

Re: ANNOUNCE: xfconf 4.13.7 released

Romain B
Hi Olivier,

We wanted to do a bunch of releases for Xfce4.14 pre1 this week :)
We had problems with the previous xfconf release (4.13.6) with the gsettings-backend, now disabled
in 4.13.7. So before introduce new features, we wanted to do a fixed release for everyone.
Ali (the xfconf maintainer) is busy with real life, but we'll try to review and merge the patch
soon (for pre2 ?) if no new problems are spotted in xfconf :)

Thank you for your work !