4.14 Release Schedule

Simon Steinbeiss
Hi everyone,

I recently signed up as Release Manager for Xfce 4.14 and am happy to provide you with some concrete dates for the upcoming weeks and months, including the announcement of the final date for the 4.14 release.

=== General Notes ===
First of all, we will stick to our official release mode (https://www.xfce.org/about/releasemodel) also for this release, which means we will tag each of the three (at least: two) pre-releases - in addition to the 4.13.x devel release tag - in all git repositories that are part of the core (example: xfce-4.14pre1). Hopefully this will make it clear which versions belong to a specific pre-release of 4.14 and will help with testing the platform as a whole.
This information is especially important to packagers as we have skipped this step since Xfce 4.8.

=== The Schedule ===
After some internal discussions we have come to the following schedule (more details here: https://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.14/roadmap):
19th of May: 4.14-pre1
30th of June: 4.14-pre2
28th of July: 4.14-pre3 (optional; possibly also 4.14-final)
11th of August: 4.14-final

=== How can you help? ===
If you're a developer it's quite clear: clear your schedule, commit yourself and your code! :)
In all seriousness: almost anyone can help! We'll try to provide a Docker container of xfce-test (https://github.com/schuellerf/xfce-testfor each of the pre-releases which can help with testing (and reporting bugs), doing translations, screenshots, docs etc.
Moral support (on IRC or one of the mailing lists) also counts! ;)

Cheers
Simon

Re: 4.14 Release Schedule

omui
Best FOSS news in 2019!

Thank you so much for all the updates and development!

Best regards,

An Xfce fan

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

On Monday, April 29, 2019 2:59 PM, Simon Steinbeiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Bjoern Franke
Am 30.04.19 um 21:58 schrieb omui:
> Best FOSS news in 2019!
>
> Thank you so much for all the updates and development!
>
> Best regards,
>
> An Xfce fan

+1

Thanks Simon and all the others spending their time on XFCE!

BR
Bjoern

Re: 4.14 Release Schedule

Dani

Dani

O 30/04/19 ás 22:20, Bjoern Franke escribiu:

> Am 30.04.19 um 21:58 schrieb omui:
>> Best FOSS news in 2019!
>>
>> Thank you so much for all the updates and development!
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> An Xfce fan
>>
> +1
>
> Thanks Simon and all the others spending their time on XFCE!
>
> BR
> Bjoern
+1
Very thanks.